The Nomad was created for those rides where you need maximum travel; whether that’s for the gnarliest of trails, or exploring uncharted territory, you know the Nomad has got your back. Coming fully equipped with a 170mm Fox 38 across the range, paired with 170mm of coil compatible rear suspension, this is as close as you’ll get to a DH bike that you actually want to pedal.
A 77 degree seat tube angle gives a central seated climbing position which will come in handy as you winch your way to the top of the next mountain top.
So, if you’re looking for a bike that can take on anything you can throw at it; be that full on DH tracks or exposed, barely rideable hiking paths down Munros, the Nomad could be the bike for you.
- Fork: Fox 38 Performance 170mm
- Shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe Select
- Rear Derailluer: SRAM GX Eagle
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle
- Cranks: SRAM GX Eagle DUB 32t
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 10-50t
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12spd
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB Threaded 68/73mm
- Brakes: SRAM Code R
- Rotors: SRAM Centreline 200mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS
- Handlebar: Burgtec Alloy bar, 800mm, 30mm rise
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK.3 42.5mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro
- Front Hub: DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 28h
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss 370, 12x148, 28h
- Rims: Race Face AR Offset 30
- Chainguide: OneUp Bash
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai, 27.5x2.5, MaxxGrip, EXO+
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis DHR II, 27.5x2.4, MaxxTerra, EXO+
- Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro or WTB Volt
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.