The Bronson is the first mixed wheel (MX) bike from Santa Cruz. 150mm out back and 160mm in the front makes the Bronson perfect for anything in the Tweed Valley.
Are you a rider who values fun on the trail as much as all out speed? MX wheels could be the sweet middle ground you’ve been looking for. 29er in the front keeps things stable and under control, while the 27.5” rear wheel loosens up the back end to carve tighter arcs than your wagon wheeled friends.
The Bronson also features the steepest seat tube available on a Santa Cruz bike. While not the most glamorous claim, it does mean that the rider is put in a very central seated climbing position, ultimately making the grind up Golfie for another run less fatiguing and more comfortable.
If you love diving for an inside line and boosting lips as much as you like pushing for the fast, wide lines, the Bronson could be for you.
- Fork: FOX 36 Float Factory, 160mm, 29"
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12spd
- Shifter: SRAM XO1 AXS Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon DUB 32t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB Threaded BB
- Chain: SRAM XG1295 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 200mm/180mm
- Handlebars: Santa Cruz 35 Carbon Bar, 800mm, 35mm Rise
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42.5mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnaar
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Medium Stainless Fusion Saddle or WTB Volt
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHF 29"x2.5, 3C, MaxxGrip, EXO, TR (S,M,L,XL)
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C, EXO, TR
- Front Hub: Industry Nine 1/1, 110x15, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Rear Hub: Industry Nine 1/1, 148x12, XD, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Rims: RaceFace ARC Offset 30 Rims
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.