The Hightower is arguably Santa Cruz’s most versatile bike. With 145mm of VPP suspension out back, paired with a 150mm fork, it sits squarely in the “trail” category. With a more linear nature than it’s big brother, the Megatower, the Hightower can take big days in the hills in its stride and tackle every descent along the way.
Think of the Hightower like a Greatest Hits album from your favourite band. All the best features from every Santa Cruz model, squeezed into one big mile-munching, trail centre ripping package, that's ready to get as rowdy as you want.
In short, the Hightower is ready for long term commitment. Are you?
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Performance 150mm
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Crankset: SRAM GX Eagle DUB 30t - (170mm S,M,L) and (175mm XL,XXL)
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50t
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle
- Brakes: SRAM Code R
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Handlebar: Burgtec Alloy Bar, 800mm, 30mm Rise
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42.5mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnaar
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro Saddle or WTB Volt
- Front hub: DT Swiss 370 15x110 28h
- Rear hub: DT Swiss 370 12x148 28h
- Rims: Race Face AR Offset 30
- Spokes: Sapim Race
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4", 3C MaxxGrip, EXO
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR 29"x2.4", 3C MaxxTerra, EXO
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.