Now in its second iteration, the Megatower has evolved and is now even more capable than its predecessor. A slack 63.5° head angle (size large) and 170m fork gives incredible confidence at speed. Paired with a steep seat tube angle of 77.5° (size large) you have a bike ready to send it at the bike park and then pedal up for more laps.
Coming stock with 165mm of rear travel, but able to be increased to 170mm with a longer stroke shock, the Megatower certainly won’t be holding you back when the going gets rough. A revised VPP link uses a lower overall leverage ratio to give a more controlled feeling to the rear suspension, meaning less time setting up the rear shock and more time on the trails.
The new Glovebox keeps essentials close at hand and makes packless riding easier. Santa Cruz’s adjustable Hi/Lo geometry as well as their legendary build quality and warranty round out Santa Cruz’s new Megatower.
- Frame: Carbon C 29" 165mm Travel VPP
- Fork: RockShox Zeb, 170mm
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select 230x62.5
- Wheelset: SRAM MTH Hub with RaceFace AR Offset 30 29" Rims
- Tyres: Front, Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+, 3C MaxxGrip. Rear, Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4" EXO+, 3C MaxxTerra
- Brakes: SRAM G2 RE
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 200mm Front and Rear
- Cranks: SRAM Descendant Eagle 148 DUB
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Dub threaded
- Chainring: SRAM 30t Direct Mount
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Cassette: SRAM PG1230, 12spd, 11-50t
- Rear mech: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifter: SRAM NX Eagle, 12spd
- Chain device: E13 Vario Topguide ISCG05
- Seatpost: SDG Tellis 150mm
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race Saddle
- Handlebar: e13 TRS Base, 800mm
- Stem: e.13 Base 40mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.