The Mega has been the best selling bike in Nukeproof’s range for over 10 years, and as soon as you swing a leg over one it’s easy to see why.
Like the trusty Range Rover, the Mega is a case study in evolution over revolution, with the frame, geometry and suspension kinematics being tweaked over the years. The end result of this careful design evolution is that the Mega is one of the easiest bikes to get on and go fast, perfect for its intended purpose of enduro racing, where long stages and limited practice make riding sections blind a common occurrence.
For this latest version of the iconic enduro bike, the suspension has been tweaked from the previous version to make it more supple off the top while still giving excellent bottom out resistance. Other changes include tube-in-tube internal cable routing on the carbon frame and the ability to hold a 750ml bottle inside the front triangle.
If you’re looking for an enduro bike backed up by years of racing pedigree, look no further.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega V4 Carbon, 165mm Rear Travel
- Fork: RockShox Zeb Ultimate Charger 2.1 RC2 170mm
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT
- Wheelset: Front - Nukeproof Horizon V2, 29", 6 Bolt, 110x15mm, Rear - 297 - Nukeproof Horizon V2, 27.5", 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm, Rear - 290 - Nukeproof Horizon V2, 29", 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Michelin Wild Enduro x 2.4”
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC, Sintered pads
- Rotors: SRAM Centreline 200mm
- Cranks: SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, DUB
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB
- Chainring: SRAM
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, CS XG1295 EAGLE 10-52T
- Rear mech: SRAM XO1 AXS Eagle 12-Speed, Black
- Shifter: SRAM Eagle AXS 12-Speed, Black
- Chain device: Nukeproof Horizon with Bash, 28-36t, ISCG-05, black
- Seatpost: Bikeyoke Revive Stealth with Trigger 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S:125mm Drop; M:160mm drop; L:185mm drop
- Saddle: Nukeproof, Black
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon V2 25mm Rise 35mm Bar Clamp
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 45mm, Black
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.