Building on the award winning platform of the Nukeproof Mega, the Megawatt is Nukeproof’s first e-bike and keeps all of the amazing ride qualities of its naturally aspirated brother, just with a little extra assistance on the ups.
Using the same suspension platform and geometry as the Mega, the Megawatt was always going to be a hit with riders, its easy going nature means anyone can get on and feel comfortable straight away. Building the bike around mixed wheels has livened up the rear end of the bike giving it a more characterful ride than many other bikes in its category.
The all aluminium frame keeps costs down, meaning Nukeproof can spec parts that are built for proper riding without breaking the bank. Maxxis DoubleDown tyres front and rear and 4 piston brakes on all models show that the Megawatt is here to tackle some serious terrain while the Shimano EP8 motor gets you to the top for another lap as quickly as possible.
- Frame: Nukeproof Megawatt 297 Alloy Elite E-Bike, 170mm Travel
- Fork: RockShox Domain, 29”, Motion Control RC damper, 170mm
- Wheelset: Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 29"", 15x110mm Front. Sun-Ringle Duroc SD37 Comp 27.5" rear
- Tyres: Front, Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" DD, 3C MaxxGrip. Rear, Maxxis Assegai, 27.5"x2.5WT, DD, TR
- Brakes: SRAM DB8
- Rotors: Sram 220mm Front / 200mm Rear
- Cranks: Shimano EM600, 165mm
- Motor: Shimano EP8
- Display: Shimano EM800 with Shimano EM800-L Assist Switch
- Battery: Shimano E8035, 504Wh
- Chainring: Shimano 34t
- Chain: Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano Deore M6100 12-Speed, 10-51T
- Rear mech: Shimano Deore M6100, SGS 12-Speed
- Shifter: Shimano Deore M6100-IR, 12 Speed
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal with Brand-X Remote lever
- Saddle: Nukeproof, Black
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Neutron V2
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.