The all new top end XC bike from Santa Cruz Bicycles! Here's what they have to say about it...
A Fair Advantage
Each weekend, at race venues the world over, there is one rider who gets hoisted upon the shoulders of the crowd and carried to the podium. Or at least leaves with a water bottle as their prize. And between each of those races, innumerable wannabes are putting in the hours on the rollers and in the gym all because they want to feel what it’s like to take the win. They know that to beat the pack every advantage needs to be acquired. That’s where the Blur fits in.
We tapped into everything we’ve learned from years of making the highest quality carbon full-suspension bikes so that we could put as little (weight) as possible into the Blur frame. The trim frame and super-efficient Superlight™ suspension will be the key to translating your input into competition beating performances.
But the Blur isn't just for the short track. Two water bottle mounts within the front triangle should keep chuggers happy. And the high quality fit, finish and carbon construction promises multi-day racers a worry free existence—meaning there's no fiddly proprietary parts that could leave you stranded in a Cape Epic or Breck Epic campsite. The carbon frame, while being light, is made to go the distance and as always the legendary Santa Cruz lifetime warranty and Rider Support team has got your back.
The Blur isn’t guaranteed to make you a race winner but being the lightest, full-suspension carbon XC bike we’ve ever made (Approx 23lb as complete. Blur frame is 289g lighter than the previous model) it might be the difference between claiming first place...or just crossing the line.
Racing XC seems too keen but still want speed? Check out the Santa Cruz Bicycles Tallboy.
Full Spec below
- Frame - Carbon C 29"" 100mm Travel VPP™
- Fork - RockShox Sid SL Select+, 100mm, 29"" w/Remote
- Shock - RockShox SidLuxe Select+
- Shifters - SRAM GX Eagle
- Chainset - SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB 34t
- Chainrings - 34t
- Cassette - SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Rims - RaceFace AR Offset 27 29"" Rims
- Front Hub - DT Swiss 370, 15x110, Torque Cap, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 28h
- Front Tyre - Maxxis Aspen, 29""x2.4WT, 3C, EXO, TR
- Rear Tyre - Maxxis Aspen, 29""x2.4WT, 3C, EXO, TR
- Front Brake - SRAM Level TL
- Rear Brake - SRAM Level TL
- Brake Levers - SRAM Level TL
- Handlebars - SRAM Atmos Flat Bar 31.8x760
- Grips - SRAM Twistlock
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Stem - SRAM Atmos 60mm
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Medium Ti Fusion Saddle or WTB Volt
- Seatpost - SDG Tellis Dropper, 31.6
Weight -11.88kg / 26.18lbs