Santa Cruz’s XC race bike, the Blur, is ready for top level elite competition along with bike packing adventures and marathon racing.
The Blur is the only bike in the Santa Cruz range not to use their VPP suspension system, choosing instead to use the new Superlight platform. When designing this new platform, Santa Cruz really flexed their carbon engineering muscles, using a single pivot design with flex built into the seatstays. When designing Superlight, a lot of effort went into the carbon layup of these flexstays to allow them to flex and rebound in the specific way Santa Cruz wanted.
By forgoing the lower link and associated hardware, Santa Cruz has managed to shave 289g from the new generation of Blur.
Outside of the new suspension, the Blur comes with space for 2 water bottles on the inside of the frame and is built to Santa Cruz’s legendary standards, giving you a lightweight race bike you can use season after season.
Full Spec below
- Frame - Carbon C 29"" 100mm Travel VPP™
- Fork - RockShox Sid SL Select+, 100mm, 29"" w/Remote
- Shock - RockShox SidLuxe Select+
- Shifters - SRAM GX Eagle
- Chainset - SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB 34t
- Chainrings - 34t
- Cassette - SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket - SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Rims - RaceFace AR Offset 27 29"" Rims
- Front Hub - DT Swiss 370, 15x110, Torque Cap, 6 Bolt, 28h
- Rear Hub - DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 28h
- Front Tyre - Maxxis Aspen, 29""x2.4WT, 3C, EXO, TR
- Rear Tyre - Maxxis Aspen, 29""x2.4WT, 3C, EXO, TR
- Front Brake - SRAM Level TL
- Rear Brake - SRAM Level TL
- Brake Levers - SRAM Level TL
- Handlebars - SRAM Atmos Flat Bar 31.8x760
- Grips - SRAM Twistlock
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Stem - SRAM Atmos 60mm
- Saddle - WTB Silverado Medium Ti Fusion Saddle or WTB Volt
- Seatpost - SDG Tellis Dropper, 31.6
Weight -11.88kg / 26.18lbs
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.