Like it’s animal namesake, the Chameleon is a hardtail that can change its colours to suit a variety of terrain and riding styles.
Quite possibly the most customisable bike in Santa Cruz’s lineup, the Chameleon can be set up in a multitude of ways.
Interchangeable dropouts allow the bike to be run with 29” wheels or MX(29/27.5) wheels, single speed or geared, meaning whatever the terrain, the Chameleon can be set up to suit you.
If you want a bike that can handle trail centre routes, hilltop summits and even the odd pumptrack lap, this is it.
- Frame: Aluminium Mixed Wheel Dropouts
- Fork: FOX 34 Float Performance, 130mm, 29"
- Wheelset: DT Swiss 370 hubs with RaceFace AR Offset 30 29" Rims front/27.5" Rear
- Tyres: Front, Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO, 3C MaxxGrip. Rear, Maxxis Aggressor, 27.5"x2.5WT, EXO, TR
- Brakes: SRAM G2 R
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Cranks: SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Dub Threaded
- Chainring: SRAM 32t Direct Mount
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Rear mech: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Seatpost: SDG Tellis Dropper, 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado
- Handlebar: Burgtec Alloy Bar, 800mm
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK3 42mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.