The quintessential mountain bike, the Hightower has been a staple of mountain biking in its broadest sense since its release in 2016. As happy to take on all day epic rides around the hills as it is to pedal up for laps of the Golfie, the Hightower with its 145mm of rear suspension and 150mm fork is the perfect companion for a wide range of riding. Supple enough to smooth out chunky terrain but still engaging to ride when the going is a bit smoother the Hightower can do it all, and put a huge grin on your face in the process.
Now in its third generation, the latest Hightower is the culmination of years of development to make this version the most versatile to date. Size specific frame stiffness and chainstay lengths mean that each size of Hightower gets the same consistent ride feel, and with sizes from Small to XX- Large there’s something for everyone.
The Hightower is Santa Cruz’s most versatile bike, not fitting into any specific category, and it's easy to ride nature has made it a hit with riders in the Tweed Valley. If your riding can’t be easily defined by one style, the new Hightower could be the perfect bike for your genre busting riding.
- Frame: Carbon CC 29" 145mm Travel VPP
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate, 150mm
- Shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate 210x55
- Wheelset: Front i9 1/1, 15x110, 28h on RaceFace ARC Offset 30 29", Rear i9 1/1, 12x148, XD, 28h on RaceFace ARC Offset 30 29"
- Tyres: Front and Rear Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4", 3C MaxxTerra, EXO, TR
- Brakes: SRAM Code Silver Stealth
- Rotors: SRAM HS2 180mm
- Cranks: SRAM X0 Eagle DUB T-Type Crankset
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Dub Threaded
- Chainring: SRAM 32t Direct Mount
- Chain: SRAM X0 Eagle T-Type, Flattop, 12spd
- Cassette: SRAM X0 Eagle T-Type, 10-52t
- Rear mech: SRAM X0 Eagle AXS T-Type, 12spd
- Shifter: SRAM AXS Pod Bridge
- Seatpost: OneUp V2 Dropper Post, 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Medium Ti
- Handlebar: Santa Cruz 35 Carbon Bar, 800mm
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK3 42mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. An Enduro World Series venue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.