Looking for a bike to match your appetite for speed over the most ferocious terrain? The Megatower is Santa Cruz’s long travel enduro bike, and has been raced all around the world in the Enduro World Series.
Compatible with both air and coil shocks, the Megatower’s progressive suspension design keeps it supple over trail chatter while still giving plenty of bottom-out resistance all the way through it's 160mm of travel.
To call this bike a one trick pony would be a mistake. A flip chip in the lower shock mount adjusts the bike's bottom bracket height and shock progressivity, while a second flip chip changes the chainstay length by 10mm fore or aft.
Dirt School head coach, Andy Barlow, has ridden Megatowers extensively and needs a bike that he can pedal day in, day out and fire down any trail in the Tweed Valley without hesitation. If you’re after a bike that’ll smash down enduro tracks and still offer a surprising amount of versatility, check out the Megatower.
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Factory 160mm
- Shock: Fox Float X2 Factory w/Climb Switch
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Shifter: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle DUB 30t
- Cassette: SRAM XG1295 Eagle 10-50t
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB Threaded 68/73mm
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC
- Rotors: SRAM HS2 200mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 Integrated Headset
- Handlebar: Santa Cruz 35 carbon bar, 800mm wide, 30mm rise
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro mk.3 42.5mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro
- Front Hub: Industry Nine 1/1 15x110 6 bolt 28h
- Rear hub: Industry Nine 1/1 12x148 6 bolt 28h
- Rims: Race Face AR Offset 30
- Spokes: Sapim Race
- Chainguide: OneUp Bash
- Front tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5 3C MaxxGrip EXO+
- Rear tyre: Maxxis DHR II 29x2.4 3C MaxxTerra EXO+
- Tubeless Sealant: Stan's Sealant 2oz
- Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Team or WTB Volt
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.