Santa Cruz’s description of the Tallboy is the DH riders XC bike, and we couldn’t agree more.
With more radical geometry than traditionally seen on a bike of this type, the Tallboy retains the snappy and efficient feeling of a short travel bike but adds convincing downhill performance to further sweeten the deal.
Our shop manager Matthew has chosen the Tallboy as his personal ride. Blending his rides between big rides across the Tweed Valley’s ridgelines and linking up classic Glentress descents, he finds the Tallboy gives him a great mix of pedalling efficiency and fun on the descents.
- Fork: Fox 34 Float Factory 130mm
- Shock: Fox Float Factory DPS
- Shifter: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12 speed
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon DUB 30t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Cassette: SRAM XG1295 Eagle 10-50t
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Brakes: SRAM G2 RSC
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Handlebar: Santa Cruz 20 Carbon Bar, 800m, 20mm rise
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42.5mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips or Burgtec Bartender Pro Grip Minnaar
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb Stealth, 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Team or WTB Volt
- Front hub: Industry Nine 1/1, 15x110, 28h
- Rear hub: Industry Nine 1/1, 12x148, 28h
- Rims: Race Face ARC Offset 30
- Spokes: Sapim Race
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Dissector, 29x2.4, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Rekon, 29x2.4, 3C MaxxTerra, EXO
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.