Ride Santa Cruz's long travel Mixed Wheeled Bike on some of the best enduro trails in the UK!
The Santa Cruz Nomad has, over its 6 generations, become synonymous with big mountain riding, bike park laps and gravity racing. This latest iteration builds on its predecessors’ heritage with long travel coil compatible suspension and 27.5” rear wheel, but that’s where the similarities end.
The Nomad 6 rides on MX wheels for the first time, giving stability and control up front and a rear wheel that’s more eager to dance around on the trail, keeping the ride fun and engaging. 170mm of travel and a 63.5° head angle instils confidence on technical terrain and a slight reduction in overall shock progression and anti squat means easier shock setup and a smoother feeling throughout the travel.
A relatively steep 78° seat tube angle means pedalling back up for another lap of Repeat Offender is comfortable and efficient with a more upright seated pedalling position.
The new Glovebox keeps essentials close at hand and makes packless riding easier. Santa Cruz’s adjustable Hi/Lo geometry as well as their legendary build quality and warranty round out Santa Cruz’s new Nomad.
- Frame: Carbon C 29" 165mm Travel VPP
- Fork: FOX 38 Float Performance, 170mm
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ 230x62.5
- Wheelset: DT Swiss 370 Hubs with RaceFace AR Offset 30 29" Front, 27.5" Rear Rims
- Tyres: Front, Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+, 3C MaxxGrip. Rear, Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4" EXO+, 3C MaxxTerra
- Brakes: SRAM Code R
- Rotors: Avid Centerline 200mm Front and Rear
- Cranks: SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Dub Threaded
- Chainring: SRAM 30t Direct Mount
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Rear mech: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Chain device: One Up Bash Guide
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6 or Race Face Aeffect
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro Saddle
- Handlebar: Burgtec Alloy Bar, 800mm
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK3 42mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz House Grips
- Enjoy a full day riding on your favourite Tweed Valley trails
- Suspension setup for your weight before you head out
- Full refund on Demo cost if you order any new bike from Tweed Valley Bikes
- About our Demo Bikes
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.