Nukeproof hit the ground running with the Megawatt; their first e-bike has collected numerous accolades, including Bike Radar’s inaugural “e-bike of the year” award and has been a hit with riders in the Tweed Valley thanks to its great geometry, and confident ride on the steep and technical tracks that draw riders here from all over the world.
A suspension design borrowed from the much loved Mega gives the Megawatt a well balanced ride, with plenty of stability at speed but still remaining agile enough to keep things interesting.
SRAM’s T-Type Transmission gives seamless shifting under load, Shimano’s EP801 motor powers you back to the top with 85Nm of user-customisable torque and downtube ported internal cable routing keeps maintenance simple.
- Frame: Nukeproof Megawatt 297 Alloy, 170mm Travel
- Fork: Fox 38 Float , Factory Series, 170mm
- Shock: Fox X2 Float, Factory Series
- Wheelset: Front - DT Swiss H1700 Spline, 29",6 Bolt, 110x15mm. Rear - DT Swiss H1700 Spline, 27.5",6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5WT MaxxGrip DD, Rear Maxxis Assegai 27.5x2.4WT MaxxTerra DD
- Brakes: Hayes Dominion A4 4 Pot Brake
- Rotors: Hayes 220mm Front, 203mm Rear
- Cranks: e-Thirteen EP8, 165mm, 34T
- Drive System: Shimano STEPS EP801, 250W, 85Nm
- Battery: Shimano E8036, 630Wh
- Display: Shimano EM800
- Assist Switch: Shimano EM800-L
- Chainring: Sram 34t
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle T-Type, 12-Speed, Flattop, PowerLock
- Cassette: SRAM ,Eagle 12-Speed, CS 1275 EAGLE,10-52T
- Rear mech: SRAM XO AXS T-Type, Eagle 12-Speed
- Shifter: SRAM AXS POD Ultimate, Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain device: Nukeproof Shimano Steps
- Seatpost: Bikeyoke Devine with Triggy 1x Remote
- Saddle: Nukeproof
- Handlebar: Nukeproof Horizon V2, 31.8mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 45mm, Black
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Enjoy a full day riding on your favourite Tweed Valley trails
- Suspension setup for your weight before you head out
- Full refund on Demo cost if you order any new bike from Tweed Valley Bikes
- About our Demo Bikes
We're a small shop with a big history. All of our Guides, Coaches and Shop Staff are here to help you get exactly what you want and what you need. And if you're not sure about which new bike you want, pick up the phone, drop us a message or come and ride with us. Most of our bikes are available to hire and demo on the famous Tweed Valley trails.
The best gear, in one of the best riding locations on earth
All of our stock is hand picked by our Guides, Coaches and Shop staff to provide you the best performance, the best value and the best experience out on the trail with the lowest environmental impact available.
Based on Innerleithen High Street in the Tweed Valley our shop lies in the shadows of the infamous Golfie. AnEnduro World Seriesvenue and legendary in the UK mountain bike scene as one of the most prolific and exciting mountains to ride in the UK. The Tweed Valley and the 100+ km of trails that stretch out from our front door have proven to become a meca for gravel, MTB and road cycling and our staff are out, rain or shine experiencing it all. We're set up to provide you the best advice and select the products to stock that are the best value, best to ride, most eco friendly and will last you the longest out on the trail. Because that's exactly what we look for in our own gear too.
Our business began as Dirt School in 2006, a mountain bike coaching company set up to deliver the best learning and support a mountain biker could ever want. From World championship wins to the award winning BASE college course, we've experienced and forged it all. Our evolution led to the formation of Tweed Valley Guides and now Tweed Valley Bikes too, allowing us to help you buy the right equipment, and be able to ride with you on the best trails and help you learn how to get the most out of it. Our shop has genuinely grown from the trail.